Let me start out by saying sorry for not being an active blogger since the start of 2013. It's been cold here in Wisconsin with not a lot going on in the area. Plus, I'm just now getting over a cold I've had since New Year's Eve. But, there are a couple of events coming up that I hope to take photos of, and I just started volunteering my time with one of our local community theaters, Sunset Playhouse, as a publicity/archive photographer. The photo above is one of the ones I took for their latest production, Lumberjacks In Love. This volunteer position will give me lots of experience in journalistic photography since they have something new going on just about every week.
For this week's Friendship Friday, hosted by Create With Joy, the theme is Autobiography. The challenge is to state a few facts about ourselves, and this is what I came up with:
1) I live in Waukesha, WI but was born in Davenport, IA. My grandparents lived in Ottumwa, IA, home to Tom Arnold and the fictional character, Radar O'Reilly, of M*A*S*H.
2) Starting next week, I will be going into (hopefully) my last semester of community college to get my Medical Coding certificate. However, I'm also thinking of getting a certificate in Digital Photography.
3) I am a huge rock music fan. My brother, Pat, introduced me to rock n' roll when I was a kid and I've loved it ever since (can't stand pop or country music). Some of my favorite bands are Foo Fighters, U2 and The Clash. Also, when I was a kid, I idolized Stevie Nicks.
4) I started out at University as a Journalism student, but when I started making friends in the Theatre Department, I changed my major with an emphasis on Theatre Management & Publicity. I did get my BA, but changing majors with the biggest regret of my life.
5) I have many idols in the worlds of art and entertainment:
a) Music - Jack White and Dave Grohl
b) Film Directors - Wes Anderson and David Fincher (the only two directors whose entire filmography I've seen)
c) Art - Andy Warhol
d) Actors - Jake Gyllenhaal and Kiefer Sutherland
e) Photographers - Henri Cartier-Bresson and Annie Leibovitz
Well, I hope to give you some more interesting photos soon from around my area. If you want to join in on Friendship Friday, just click on the link. Have a great weekend everyone!